Call (928) 299-2636 for an appointment
Law Offices of Linda Marie Brown, PLLC
Law Offices of Linda Marie Brown, PLLC
Linda Marie Brown operates a solo practice law firm that offers a wide range of legal solutions from small businesses to individual legal challenges, such as, but not limited to:
· Civil Litigation (commercial real estate, landlord-tenant matters, contracts, etc.)
· Evaluate estates leading to Wills, Health Care and Durable Powers of Attorney and other life care planning essentials.
· Probate of estates.
· Counsel, structure and prepare Articles and Operating Agreements for business formation.
· Draft and review contracts and consultations on breach of contract claims.
· Domestic and international insurance matters.
· Negotiate health care provider, ERISA, Medicaid, and Medicare liens.
· Domestic and cross-border diminution in value claims and bodily injury awards
· Personal Injury claims resulting from motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian crossing injuries, and premise liability.
· Conservatorship appointments for personal injury settlements to minors.
· Community property dissolution of marriage (no children or child support issues).
· Fifteen plus (20+) years of service in alternative dispute resolution as an Arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau hearing autoline lemon law cases and consumer contract disputes.
· Mediated over 200 cases on a variety of legal issues in Justice Court, Registrar of Contractors, and represented clients before the Arizona Association of Realtors and Superior Court.
· Assistant Attorney General in Dependency Law from 2019 to 2021 before returning to private practice.
· Served as a contract Administrative Law Judge from 2016 to 2019 for the state of Arizona Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Preside over hearings across a wide spectrum of subject matter for multiple state agencies, boards and commissions (agencies). Primary docket included (1) Registrar of Contractors (ROC) consumer complaints, licensing appeals, no pay appeals, and ROC on its own motion citations.; and (2) Arizona Health Care (AHC) appeals between health care providers, hospitals and AHCCCS health plans regarding issues surrounding DRG matters and challenges arising under A.R.S. Title 36, Chapter 29, and A.A.C. Rule 9, Title 22; SMI appeals; and ALTCS appeals; (3) DCS; (4) APS; and (5) INS.
· Former Secretary (2019-2020) for the Administrative Law Section of the Arizona State Bar.
· Former Chair (2017-2018) for the International Law Section of the Arizona State Bar and co-chaired the various State Bar Convention programs. Member-at-large (2018-2020) and former secretary for the Section.
· Former member in the Business Law section and a contributing member of the RULLCA subcommittee.
· Volunteers for various Youth Conferences, Mediation Competitions, as well as Mock Trial Competitions.
· Provides pro bono legal services for the Disable American Veterans (DAV) Legal Clinic program.
· Implemented education programs as co-chair for World Peace through Law (WPTL) for the 2012 and 2014 State Bar Convention, and served as WPTL Budget Officer.
· Panelist in 2010 for the Arizona Association for Conflict Resolution (AACR). Served as Director at Large and aided in AACR's CIS platform conversion.
· Participated in the Volunteer Lawyers Program assisting persons on creditor-debtor matters.
· Ten (10) years of experience as an adjunct faculty and curriculum writer for graduate and undergraduate studies at Grand Canyon University focusing on the U.S. and Arizona constitutions, international law, political science. At Scottsdale Community College, taught business law, health care management, and marketing.
· Recipient of the 2013 Outstanding Adjunct Faculty recognition conferred by the AFA - Maricopa County Community College District.
· Developed business studies curriculum adapted for a 2013 platform conversion for Scottsdale Community College.
· Acknowledged by Pearson/Prentice Hall Publishing for her Market Review contribution on International Business by Cavusgil, Knight and Riesenberger (2008 and 2012).
· Recognized in June 2011 by the University for Outstanding Service to include writing curriculum for online graduate programs on topics of International Law and Justice Studies.
· Assigned to work at several prominent law firms while attending law school, to include Latham and Watkins, a major international firm.
· Prior employment experience at Lewis and Roca (Business and Securities), and Kutak Rock (Public Finance and Securities).
· Participated in a work-study program at the Superior Court of California to provide assistance to the public in the Family Law Facilitator’s office. Also supported several Judges by preparing minute entries after family law hearings.
· In 2004, request by Facilitator to prepare a Comparative Study Memorandum on family law community services available in Arizona for review by the Judicial Council of California.
· Published writer by Gannett News Service. Featured writer on front page alongside former President Ronald Reagan's commencement speech.
· Account Executive in South Jersey for NBC Radio (WTYO 1580AM). Responsible for contracting sponsorship with local law firms for the radio talk show titled "The Law and You," requiring participation in several on-air topic discussions.
· Former volunteer as a First Aid Blue Helmet for Mullica Township Ambulance Squad. Provided environmental oversight to the Township at their recycling waste management facility.
P.O. Box 21941
Bullhead City, AZ 86439
Other office locations:
15333 North Pima Road, Suite 305
Scottsdale, AZ 86260
By Appointment Only